Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Hectic Time

It is a hectic time of a year. There are so many happenings squeezed into few weeks before Christmas.


First, today was my youngest daughter's birthday! She turned 3, but she tells everyone that she is 4 - I don't know why. Today we had gone to doctors for annual check-up and she is off the chart for her height - 110%! So maybe she feels so tall, she thinks that she's 4. Anyways. We celebrated her birthday yesterday because today her Daddy's travelling and we had few activities with the two older ones.


As for work, I had been really good today and made a few sketches to submit. Now when I know what I want to work on I can do some swatching. Though, I noticed that many deadlines for submissions were this week, so I'll see if it will be OK to submit for next issues.



Last week I finished a Victorian Lace Scarf and Hat set. It was suppose to be a present for our annual Christmas Book Club present swap, but my Hubby was travelling that day and I could not get babysitter, so I could not go. So I am thinking I will put it up on Etsy to sell. There also the pattern will be available within few days.








Last weekend we finally decorated the Christmas tree. The kids enjoyed doing it; and they even remembered the decorations from last year. Well, they are growing older and life changes a little when we do not have any more babies any more. Here is our favorite picture:



Last week, I got some presents from my Wish list for Santa (of course knitting books)


(1) Twist and Loop by Annie Modesitt. It's a great book for beginners of easy to follow instructions for making jewelry with crochet and knitting wire and beads. I had wanted to try this for the longest time. Her instructions are very straight forward and easy for beginners.


(2) Vogue Knitting Stitchionary (Volume 1)


(3) Knitting Beyond the Edge by Nicky Epstein.

These are great resource books for knitters to have. Just listing through the pages gets my creativity going. It's only unfortunate that now I have to wait until Christmas to get to enjoy those books!

Well I am off to swatching...

No comments: