Thursday, November 1, 2007

Ravelry and FO

As I might have said before, I have finally gotten my invitation to join Ravelry. I have spent tooo much time on it so far. It's a really good place to see what other knitters and designers are up to, what's on their needles. I love to look what others are working on with the yarns I have. I love the forums and group chats.

On Monday I have sent off my 2 projects I was working on for Vogue Knitting. It was a rather short deadline, so I was pulling a few late nighters, but I am glad I have finished on time. Now I have time to focus on other things.

First, I desperately needed to clean up. When I design or work on a project, I do not have time put things away and pull them out again because I work throughout the day an hour here and an hour there, depending on what my kids are doing, so it would be a waste of my precious time to tidy up each and every time. But it is really hard for me to see the mess around me- see pics below (it stresses me out - I'm probably weired that way), so I was happy I had some time to clean up yesterday (how odd that I was happy to clean up!?). Anyways.














Here I am organizing my magazines and other materials, so I can find what I am looking for. Big problem for me when in the mess-zone, I know what I am looking for, but I don't know where exactly it is located. Frustrating. Though, not anymore (at least for right now). :-)

Right now I am writing a pattern for the Red Cabled Hoodie Cardigan for children. I'd like to have it done in a few days (only if it was not for the Ravelry and me spending too much time on it, ah) . I'd like to list it under this month's featured patterns. Further, my eldest daughter has been nagging me for a shrug for some time, so I am swatching for that as well. I am thinking I am going to give a try to designing it from top, since I want to make it an easy knit. We'll see, I'd like it to be easy enough for kids to make it themselves.


2 comments:

Knits by Maria said...

I can't wait to have the hoddie pattern,I'm stalking your etsy shop!

Simona said...

Maria, I'm sorry I am taking so long, but I'm still working on it. Thanks for your patience.

Simona