Friday, March 21, 2008

Happy Spring!

Happy first full day of Spring everyone! I am very excited about this time of year when everything is getting ready to bloom and warmer weather is just around the corner. I love getting up with a sun filling my room and the birds singing when we are having breakfast. It reminds me of my childhood, of careless days, of everything fresh and new.

Today our spring break starts and it's nice to have the kids at home and not having to rush anywhere. The kids enjoy playing with their dolls and playhouses and most importantly they HAVE the time to do that. My eldest is a very creative one. She had bought herself a plaid painting kit and some canvas the other day to learn to make her own pictures and I think that's what she's going to do today, to practice so she can create some art for her room. I can't wait to see what she'll create. Kids imagination is vast. As adults, our minds are filled with so many "important" things we need to do in a day that there's not as much time left for creativity as some of us would like to. Thanks for having knitting in our lives; it can be squeezed into a few minutes here and there everyday and make our creativity unleash even in our hectic lives.

Currently I've been working on a project for a magazine and that's what I will do today. We will take it easy and enjoy the day without having to do anything. When I knit I like to listen to my
kids reading. We take some of my childhood books in Czech and I let the kids read them to me. It serves a few purposes: They practice reading in Czech, since they don't get to speak it as much as I'd like them to; and it broadens their vocabulary. They enjoy speaking in English more since it is the language of their friends and at this point Czech is the "unpopular" language with them. Further, this gives us an opportunity to spend some quiet time together. Sometimes we knit together and get to talk. These are times I have to treasure and remember before they hit the teenage years and it will be "boring" to do this with Mom.

No comments: