I just wanted to let you know that I have put the last American Girl pattern on sale in my store. If you want to download it immediately, you can buy it below in this post.
This top fits to an American Girl doll size and any comparable 18” doll.
The top has TOP-DOWN seamless construction - no sewing required except for weaving loose ends. The hat is also knitted in a round, no seams and sewing required. This is a quick 3 - 4 hour project; great for last minute gifts.
SIZES: One size – to fit 18” doll
• 1 3.75oz./100g ball (each approx. 178yd / 163m) of TLC
Cotton Plus (51% Cotton, 49% Acrylic) in color #3706 light
rose; OR 135yd/ 148m of any comparable medium weight
(worsted) yarn. (Note: when choosing the yarn, choose rather
some stretchier yarn for this project since it needs to be put
on overhead and needs to stretch a bit to fit.)
• One set of 5 dpn US size #6 (4mm) needles OR SIZE TO
OBTAIN CORRECT GAUGE
• 4 stitch markers (m)
• Stitch holders (or scrap yarn)
• Tapestry needle
• 19 sts and 26 rows = 4” square over St st using US size #6
• 21 sts and 48 rows = 4” square over Bubble patt using US size #6 (4mm) needles