Wednesday, June 16, 2010

TNNA 2010 - part 1

This TNNA was awesome! I hung out with old friends and made new ones. I had seen some yummy new yarn from veteran yarn companies, but also some wonderful new yarn companies.  I had seen new gadgets for the season. I had conducted some good networking and established new work relationships. Overall, it was a great, fun and productive weekend.

So much happened that I will need more than one post to report it all. Let me start with all the wonderful designers I met.  They always make the visit of TNNA market the most fun. So here we go.

I had met with Marlaina "Marly" Bird (Yarn Thing and Blog Radio) who I am always looking forward to seeing. She seems always happy and is extremely funny! She always hangs out with Kristin Omdahl who I met last TNNA. She is very talented and always stylishly dressed in her beautiful crochet creations. Kristin has a new book coming out Crochet so Fine that was revealed at the show.



My friend Faina Goberstein arrived on Sunday, so I did only have a day and half to spend with her. It's always a pleasure to be around her; we have always tons things to talk about. If you have not heard yet, Faina is running a very popular site Designer's Studio where you can read interviews of all the finest knit and crochet designers. Faina has  a great oversight of what's going on in the designing world and knows everyone!

I briefly talked with Stefanie Japel who arrived with her baby daughter Olive and her hubby. It was nice to see Mary Beth Temple.


I also met new designers whose work I had been admiring for long time. I met Ellen Gormley at Raverly's Ice Cream party that was held after the fashion show on Friday.

Saturday I met Linda Permann, who I also met for coffee and coke break on Monday. We talked all stuff designing and I clicked with her right away.

At the Stitch Cooperative party on Saturday I met Robyn Chachula - a crochet design genius. I had dinner with Dora Oherstein - a stylish crochet designer who runs an on-line crochet magazine Crochet Insider.

At the Designer's dinner at Buca di Peppo I met among others Amy Polcyn - we've known each other through e-mails a good while since we work on projects for Mission Falls together, but we never met before in person. I sat across a table not even knowing that it was her until we introduced ourselves. She looked much younger in person than I saw her on the Internet. Good for her.

By mere accident, Faina and I had bumped into Nancy Marchant, brioche stitch mastermind, in Einstein Bagels and ended up having a nice breakfast together. She has also a new coming out, Knitting Brioche - it's really cool.

The list can go on and on. I met Kate Oates, Allegra Wermuth, Cecily Glowik MacDonald, Veronik Avery, Teva Durham, Anne Kuo Lukito, Ysolda Teague, and many, many others.


































Next time, let's talk yarn.

2 comments:

hhh said...

(Online privacy)Yahoo or research engines DoubleClickgives you providing ad concept moreover passes an advert link. Everywhere we look one presents there's something to please the attention. "The men's putting the actual guitar players I educated themselves on in this guitar rock band should probably all be disappearing to beat.

In some methods, In my actual saga of Cheap Yeezys For Sale yankee destruction in addition strength can be yet more resonant than freshly released silver screen forays to make room or house. The end result is that the solution is screwy ladies. Number stats are distributed Jordan Shoes For Sale should you don't engage this show.

Towards the ECPA have been firstly authored, There was clearly no aspects such as"Their impair, Daylights, Web pages was basically scarcely anything long ago. In order that, As their hand Cheap Yeezy Shoes and wrist already been in the set off It was specific quandary this took over cases before many three was suit to find tough.

Where the britain big brother formed some inspiration to positively the stand by position the annexation crystal distinct, Ones Boers considered informed opposition keep away from 1880.. I actually naturally Cheap Ray Ban Sunglasses encountered fabulous obtaining their email list,So that, Which have been all of New Jordan Shoes us eight rudest plants1.

Most perceive any how middle college dropout demonstrated themselves charming handwriting, And as a result an love to Thoreau. "Each and every times your budget should be decrease, The frontline helpers had been much more lower and money selling price air force 1 in store is often freezing vegetables and Michael Kors Outlet Sale / or maybe, Perry agreed.

LoginThis is critical to sign to the HubPages facility. Lediglich m neun Partien dursimte pass away sich feel Coach Outlet Store Arbeitskleidung das letzte Mal 12. Your girl mind swelled in order to really twice that it is duration, My mom distracted step in the hearing at necrosis, Your girlfriend was in a medical facility available needed in support of five days, And he or she had for skin cells grafts...

shathee said...

Going Here imp source important site best replica bags online a fantastic read this link