Thursday, May 31, 2007

BROOKS FARM YARN TOP

So the past last couple days I had been working on the top from Brooks Farm yarn. After making a swatch and washing it, I realized that the gauge changed dramatically - the fabric stretched and became thinner. Though it played to my advantage because the knitting was much faster. So now I have finished the back and fronts and blocked it and they look great. I have also finished the sleeves which are going to be in a length of right above the elbow. I have also written the pattern for this top in sizes ranging 34" (36, 38, 40, 42, 44, 46)".


This i s the back. I made it very contoured to hug the body nicely making for a nice shapely fit.

THis is the back:

A detail of ribbing and Lattice pattern near the edge of the garment.

The front pieces.


More tomorrow. Le

2 comments:

elan said...

Looks lovely, can't wait to see it finished

Amanda1 said...

Wow, that is beautiful. Can't wait to see it all done and modeled!