Sunday, December 14, 2008

Project update and some pictures...

I worked on this jacket in spring 2008. I almost finished it before the summer, but was unable to sew the buttons on yet and a cable that goes around the outer part of the collar. But I think I like it better without it. I modified the collar, since I did not like the big collar on me as it was pictured in the original pattern. Second, I did not fully how the construction of the collar as described in the patter, so I knitted a collar support to mimic the shape of the collar and then sewn it from the back of the collar to body (see pictures below).

Project info
: Cape Collar Jacket
:#16 Cape Collar Jacket by Vladimir Teriokhin from Vogue Knitting (Winter 2007/2008)
Size: S
US 8 / 5.0 mm
Bernat Soy Natural Blends
14 skeins = 1876.0 yards (1715.4m)

Unfortunately, I did not make the best yarn choice for this cardigan: the soy yarn has become rather heavy and stretched the cardigan to a great length. It still looks OK, though I might shorten it at waist one of these days.

No comments: