Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Still in the crochet groove

In my previous post I talked about the book Double Stitch. I was very inspired by the designs and wanted to make the shrug on the cover as well, but I was unable to locate the feathers anywhere. I looked in Micheals and AC Moore and even on line but with no luck; they onlykind have was the kiddy kinds that would not look very good on a grown woman. When I read through the pattern, I realized that without the feathers, it looks rather plain, so I decided to design one of my own - more suddle, and for me probably more wearable version. I found a great yarn: Paton's new yarn Silk Bamboo. You can see a sneak peak in the pictures. I am still working on it (had it on a back burner for couple of months now), but hopefully finish it by Christmas, and hopefully have a pattern by then too. I am still not sure what I am going to do for the neck opening - still in the works.

No comments: