Friday, January 25, 2008

More pictures

I wanted to share some pictures of my daughter's shrug she was begging me for for longest time. I finally made it for her before Christmas; and she's been wearing it since. It is a rather quick knit worked from top downwards all in one piece without any sewing involved. The sleeves flare a bit at the ends forming bell sleeves style. To finish, stitches are picked up along the neck, front, and back edges to knit the edging on. I have started writing the pattern for this, but got busy with other projects over the holidays. So I have to get back to it; and hopefully I will make it for the February pattern of the month.

Bell Sleeve Shrug info:
Sizes: 4 - 14. Pictured in size 10.
Yarn: 3 balls of Caron Simply Soft Shadows 3oz/ 85 g; 150 yd; autumn color.
Needle size: US #8 (5.00 mm) circular needles and 1 set of 5 dpns.
Gauge: 15 sts and 25 rows = 4" square over St st with US #8 needles.

I liked working with the yarn; it was nice and soft. But when my daughter started to wear it, it started to pill on the sleeves somewhat. Yesterday I machine washed and dried it; and it did not shed or pill at all (which I was pleasantly surprised); only some of the pill on the sleeves stayed. But the yarn is a good value for the money and is great for the kids.

No comments: