For past couple weeks I have been working on a jacket designed by Vladimir Teriokhin issued in the Winter 2008 issue of Vogue Knitting. I have chosen to modify the collar a bit so it fits my body frame better; though I like the original collar design, I don't think it would look good on me. I have heard about some errors involve with this pattern by other folks, who contacted me to get help, so in the future post I might try to sum up some of the errors with the pattern as I and others see it.
Right now, I just wanted to share some pictures of the jacket. These pictures were taken about a week ago and since then I have joined the collar and sewn the shoulder seams and the back neck seem. I also worked the support for the collar, which I did not really fully understood from the instructions. But I had to modify that support since I have made a different collar. I made the support more like a lining for the collar and I'll see how it'll work. Also I have finished both of the sleeves and I am wet blocking all the pieces but the final sewn-on 18-st cable, which I am still working on at the moment. Now I have lots of sewing to work on. I guess I will turn some fun music on and try to do it in as short time as possible. Sewing is not my favorite thing to do, I confess.