Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Cape Collar Jacket by Vladimir Teriokhin

For past couple weeks I have been working on a jacket designed by Vladimir Teriokhin issued in the Winter 2008 issue of Vogue Knitting. I have chosen to modify the collar a bit so it fits my body frame better; though I like the original collar design, I don't think it would look good on me. I have heard about some errors involve with this pattern by other folks, who contacted me to get help, so in the future post I might try to sum up some of the errors with the pattern as I and others see it.

Right now, I just wanted to share some pictures of the jacket. These pictures were taken about a week ago and since then I have joined the collar and sewn the shoulder seams and the back neck seem. I also worked the support for the collar, which I did not really fully understood from the instructions. But I had to modify that support since I have made a different collar. I made the support more like a lining for the collar and I'll see how it'll work. Also I have finished both of the sleeves and I am wet blocking all the pieces but the final sewn-on 18-st cable, which I am still working on at the moment. Now I have lots of sewing to work on. I guess I will turn some fun music on and try to do it in as short time as possible. Sewing is not my favorite thing to do, I confess.

1 comment:

Evnpar said...

Did you ever figure out the fronts? I want to do the original collar and have figured out all the other corrections (even told vogue about them but did apparently didnt care to post them) but I'm still totally lost with the front and the collar - it's just impossible for the count to work.